Jeffrey L. Krolik
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Jeffrey Krolik is Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University in Durham, NC. Canadian-born, he received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto in 1987. He began his academic career as an Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Concordia University in Montreal. Interested in signal processing applications in the ocean sciences, he joined the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego as an Assistant Research Scientist in 1990. At Scripps, he developed physics-based sensor array processing methods that exploit multi-path underwater acoustic propagation. Since coming to Duke in 1992, he has broadened his research interests to include statistical signal processing for surveillance radars and microwave remote sensing, active and passive sonar, and medical imaging. Some of his current projects include the development of aircraft height finding for over-the-horizon HF radar, through-the-sensor environmental monitoring of near-surface atmospheric conditions using a shipboard microwave radar, active sonar array shape estimation from reverberation, and functional magnetic resonance imaging algorithms which are robust to head motion. As a consultant, he has worked for the Office of Naval Research, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Air Force Rome Laboratories.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5274
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Page:
- Ph.D. UniversityToronto, 1987
- M.A. UniversityToronto, 1983
- B.A. UniversityToronto, 1980
Sensing and Sensor Systems
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- IEEE Signal Processing Society Paper Award, 1990
- ECE 483: Introduction to Digital Communication Systems
- ECE 686: Adaptive Filters
- ECE 688: Sensor Array Signal Processing
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Li, L; Krolik, JL, Simultaneous Target and Multipath Positioning, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, vol 8 no. 1 (2014), pp. 153-165 [10.1109/JSTSP.2013.2289949] [abs].
- Cnaan-On, I; Thomas, SJ; Reynolds, MS; Krolik, JL, Multichannel radar backscatter communication and localization, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (2014), pp. 76-80 [10.1109/ICASSP.2014.6853561] [abs].
- Jr, JR; Odom, J; Krolik, J, Exploiting array motion for augmentation of co-prime arrays, Proceedings of the IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop (2014), pp. 525-528 [10.1109/SAM.2014.6882458] [abs].
- Odom, JL; Krolik, JL, Passive Towed Array Shape Estimation Using Heading and Acoustic Data, IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering (2014), pp. 1-10 [10.1109/JOE.2014.2318531] [abs].
- Xu, C; Krolik, J, MIMO RF probe for wide-area indoor human motion monitoring, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing (2014), pp. 6047-6051 [10.1109/ICASSP.2014.6854765] [abs].