John A. Board
John Board is an Associate Professor of ECE and of Computer Science. He received his D.Phil in 1986 from Oxford University. His research interests include: High performance scientific computing and simulation, novel computer architectures, cluster computing and parallel processing; ubiquitous computing.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Bass Fellow
- Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Office Location: 209D Hudson Hall, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5272
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Web Pages:
- Ph.D. University of Oxford, 1986
- M.S. Duke University, 1982
- B.S.E. Duke University, 1981
High Performance Computing
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Duke University School of Engineering, 1993
- Distinguished Young Alumnus, Duke University, 1990
- Klein Family Distinguished Teaching Award, Duke University, Pratt School of Engineering, 2006
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Member, Tau Beta Pi
- Member, Eta Kappa Nu
- Rhodes Scholar, The Rhodes Trust
- ECE 154: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ECE 198: Projects in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 392: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 459: Introduction to Embedded Systems
- ECE 493: Undergraduate Research in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 496: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- ECE 52L: Introduction to Digital Systems
- ECE 590: Advanced Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- EGR 491: Projects in Engineering
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- Collins, Leslie M. and Huettel, Lisa G. and Brown, April S. and Ybarra, Gary A. and Holmes, Joseph S. and Board, John A. and Cummer, Steven A. and Gustafson, Michael R. and Kim, Jungsang and Massoud, Hisham Z., Theme-based redesign of the duke university ECE curriculum: The first steps, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2005), pp. 14313 - 14326 [abs].
- Banerjee, S. and Board, J.A., Jr., Efficient charge assignment and back interpolation in multigrid methods for molecular dynamics, J. Comput. Chem. (USA), vol 26 no. 9 (2005), pp. 957 - 67 [jcc.20220] [abs].
- Pormann, John B. and Board, J.A. and Rose, D.J. and Henriquez, C.S., Large-scale modeling of cardiac electrophysiology, Computers in Cardiology, vol 29 (2002), pp. 259 - 262 [CIC.2002.1166757] [abs].
- Jones, Eric and Krishnapuram, Balaji and Pormann, John and Board, John and Carin, Larry, An electromagnetic simulation environment, Proceedings of SPIE - The International Society for Optical Engineering, vol 4367 (2001), pp. 137 - 143 [12.440013] [abs].
- Cramer, C.E. and Board, J.A., The development and integration of a distributed 3D FFT for a cluster of workstations, Proceedings of 4th Annual Linux Showcase and Conference (2000), pp. 121 - 8 [abs].