Qing H. Liu
Qing H. Liu received the Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1989. His research interests have been in computational electromagnetics and acoustics, subsurface sensing, inverse problems, biomedical imaging, simulation of photonic and high-speed electronic circuits and devices. He was a Research Assistant (September 1986 to December 1988) and then a Postdoctoral Research Associate (January 1989 to February 1990) in the Electromagnetics Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. From 1990 to 1995 he was a Research Scientist and then Program Leader with Schlumberger-Doll Research, Ridgefield, CT. From 1996 to 1999 he as an Associate Professor at the Klipsch School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, New Mexico State University where he is now an adjunct faculty. Since June 1999 he has been with Duke University in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering where he is now a Full Professor.
Dr. Liu is a member of Phi Kappa Phi, Tau Beta Pi, SEG, a full member of U.S. National Committee of URSI Commissions B and F, and a Senior Member of IEEE. Currently he serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing and for Radio Science. He also served as a Guest Editor of a special issue on Computational Issues in Remote Sensing for the IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
Dr. Liu received the 1996 Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE) from the White House National Science and Technology Council (NSTC), the 1996 Early Career Research Award from the Environmental Protection Agency, and the 1997 CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and a Fellow of the Acoustical Society of America.
- Office Location: 3469 CIEMAS
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5440
- Email Address:
- Web Page:
|PhD||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign||1989|
|M.Sc.||Xiamen University, China||1986|
|B.Sc.||Xiamen University, China||1983|
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellow, IEEE
- Fellow, American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2005
- NSF Early CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 1997
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Presidential Early Career Award for Engineers and Scientists, Office of Science, 1996
- Tau Beta Pi
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Early Career Research Award, 1996
- ECE 571.01 - ELECTROMAGNETIC THEORY
- ECE 577.01 - COMPUTATIONAL ELECTROMAG
Representative Publications: (More Publications)
- C. Yu and M. Q. Yuan and J. Stang and E. Bresslour and R. T. George and G. A. Ybarra and W. T. Joines and Q. H. Liu, Active microwave imaging II: 3-D system prototype and image reconstruction from experimental data, Ieee Transactions On Microwave Theory And Techniques, vol 56 no. 4 (2008), pp. 991 -- 1000 [abs].
- T. Xiao and Q. H. Liu, A 3-D enlarged cell technique (ECT) for the conformal FDTD method, Ieee Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, vol 56 no. 3 (2008), pp. 765 -- 773 [abs].
- K. H. Lim and J. H. Lee and Q. H. Liu, Thermoacoustic tomography forward modeling with the spectral element method, Medical Physics, vol 35 no. 1 (2008), pp. 4 -- 12 [abs].
- J. Song and Q. H. Liu and G. A. Johnson and C. T. Badea, Sparseness prior based iterative image reconstruction for retrospectively gated cardiac micro-CT, Medical Physics, vol 34 no. 11 (2007), pp. 4476 -- 4483 [abs].
- Wei, B. and Simsek, E. and Liu, Q.H., Improved diagonal tensor approximation (DTA) and hybrid DTA/BCGS-FFT method for accurate simulation of 3D inhomogeneous objects in layered media, Waves in Random and Complex Media, vol 17 no. 1 (2007), pp. 55 - 66  [abs].